We’d like to share the exciting progress and upcoming activities of The Bella Bowman Foundation. Our mission of Research, Education and Comfort Care for those families in need is reflected in all that we do. We are most grateful to you for joining us in this cause.
This past year, The Bella Bowman Foundation:
· Sponsored a Halloween party at Our Lady of the Lake Children’s Hospital, donating more than 30 costumes and coordinating arts and crafts, treats and a costume parade.
· Delivered gifts to the staff at Our Lady of the Lake Children’s Hospital during the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays in appreciation for all they do for the children in our local community.
· Hosted a Christmas party at Our Lady of the Lake Children’s Hospital, where Santa delivered more than 60 presents door-to-door for every child there. We are grateful to the children of Powell Moise School of Dance who helped raise money to buy all of these gifts!
· Began the process of collaborating with Dr. Wayne Newhauser and his team on Radiation Tissue Necrosis research initiatives. Dr. Newhauser is the Dr. Charles M. Smith Chair of Medical Physics Professor and Director of Medical Physics and Health Physics at LSU, as well as Chief of Physics at Mary Bird Perkins Cancer Center. We are fortunate to have found Dr. Newhauser here in our community. To date, there is very little research on this topic and it is our goal to help improve the outcome for children that are treated with radiation as cancer survivors.
· Launched our Comfort Care Bag project to support the families of sick children. Comfort Care Bags include blankets, toothbrushes, Chap Stick, Advil, socks, change for vending machines, notepads, calendars and other simple necessities that provide comfort and care to families. Our first delivery was made and the response from the families was overwhelming.
· TEAM BELLA raised over $2200 and 31 participants for the St. Jude Children’s Hospital – Give Thanks Walk, in Baton Rouge, LA
· Donate 30 Comfort Care Bags each month to every child’s family at the Our Lady of the Lake Children’s Hospital. Comfort Care Bags are one way we feel that provides a need to families.
· Host our Second Annual Bella’s Ball on March 7, 7 p.m. at L’Auberge Casino
o 6 p.m. – 7 p.m. Cocktail Hour.
o Tickets can be purchased early on our website: www.bellabowman.org or at SoHo Boutique Salon, for $50 or $75 at the door the night of the event. The event will include a silent auction, live music by MoJeaux, fun games to win prizes and food/drinks provided by multiple local restaurants. A discounted block of rooms under the Bella Bowman Foundation is available to guests.
We are proud of the accomplishments made in less than a year’s time. More importantly, we are enthusiastic that together, we can do so much more. We thank you for your ongoing support and hope to see you at Bella’s Ball. Please visit our website for new updates: www.bellabowman.org.